Company: Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America, Inc.
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Asahi Kasei Bioprocess (AKB) supplies pharmaceutical and
biopharmaceutical manufacturers with a comprehensive portfolio of
products and services to maximize safety and improve yields
starting at the development stage up through clinical- and
commercial-scale production. Planova--- virus removal filters are
defined by quality, consistency and scalability. Additional areas
of expertise include liquid chromatography, inline buffer dilution
and oligonucleotide synthesis.We are a growing team (120+) of
professionals excited about what we do and our ability to impact
healthcare delivery systems worldwide. We offer a "big company"
benefits package and a "small company" culture and work
environment. Every employee at Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America can
impact our future.As an Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America employee,
you will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation with bonuses
- Great health and wellness benefits
- Paid time off
- Strong company match to 401(k) contributions
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Company giving and volunteering programWe are seeking a
bilingual (English & Japanese) Technical Writer. This person will
be responsible for editing scientific and technical documents for
our Planova filters and bioprocess product lines for a range of
target audiences, including decision makers, quality assurance,
process development and end users in the biopharmaceutical
industry. The ideal candidate will have a keen aptitude for
understanding and communicating scientific and technical
information, excellent writing and presentation skills, and the
ability to apply those skills on immediate need projects and
long-term documentation projects.Key Responsibilities:
- Edit/Proofread technical user documentation for review by
- Draft documentation based on outlines and reference
- Translate documentation primarily from Japanese to English, but
also write in Japanese.
- Maintain consistency of information and presentation style
across documentation types.
- Stay current with trends in scientific publication and the
pharmaceutical industry and engineering technologies.Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree with a thesis or
publication/presentation experience in a scientific/technical field
(preferably, chemistry, biology, biotechnology or engineering
- Japanese language skills (conversation/business email and
translation of technical content from Japanese to English).
- Outstanding English language scientific writing and editing
- Aptitude for understanding concepts in chemistry, biology and
engineering; capability to write accurate and concise text and to
create effective visual presentations of scientific and technical
- Previous technical writing/editing experience preferred, and
experience in biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries or
quality management is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to independently and
effectively collaborate with experts in various technical fields,
many of whom do not speak English at an idiomatic level.
- Good teamwork and time management skills with ability to manage
- Ability to occasionally work extended hours to meet
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
including use of templates.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is a
- Familiarity with Trados translation software is a plus.
- Occasional international travel (Japan) for training and
meetings; less than 10% travel.
- Ability to work at a computer station for extended periods of
- This is an on-site and full-time position (up to half of the
time can be work from home).#LI-BJ1
Keywords: Asahi Kasei Bioprocess America, Inc., Glenview , Technical Writer, Advertising , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!