Director, Retirement Benefits
Company: Wespath Benefits and Investments
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Director, Retirement Benefits
1901 Chestnut Ave
Glenview, Illinois, 60025
United States Category:
Retirement Pension Services Date Needed by:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Wespath Benefits and
Investments,recognized as one of "Chicago's Best and Brightest
Companies to Work For--" in2017-2020, has an opportunity for a
Director - Retirement Benefits, to lead thestrategic development
and operational execution of products and services for
retirementbenefit plans, including leading the team that manages
all aspects of retirementbenefit plans (plan and program design,
financials, communications,administrative and compliance policies
and procedures), working with seniormanagement, operational
leadership, plan sponsors and other Wespath departmentsto maximize
efficiency and engagement in all retirement benefit offerings.
More specifically, the Director - Retirement Benefits, will have
the opportunityto: - Lead the development and initiation ofplan
provisions, services and marketing strategies to realize the vision
forretirement plans and services offered by the organization.
- Write and/or edit participant and plansponsor communications.
- Develop and deliver presentations at Wespathevents and meetings
with large plan sponsors and other groups.
- Lead organizational projects relatedto retirement plans as
project sponsor and/or subject matter expert. Partner with assigned
- Help to set and oversee policiesrelated to retirement plans for
- Lead customer focused plan developmentutilizing available
research, assessment of customer needs, and by conductingmarket
analysis and research.
- Manage the employees of the RetirementServices team and train and
mentor junior Retirement Services staff.
- Oversee the administration ofretirement plans, including plan
adoptions, rollover-ins, administrative formsdesign, retirement
plan policies, and approval/denial of special requests.
- Manage budget for retirement teamwithin the Benefit Plans
- Develop and monitor key metricsrelated to participants engagement
in their retirement benefits and developstrategies to improve
- Support Sr. Managing Director in developingstrategies to
cross-train, unify, and conduct business within the Benefit
PlansDepartment with a customer-focused mindset. Minimum
Requirements/Qualifications: - Bachelor's degreeor equivalent work
- 10 years of work experiencein retirement consulting or operations
- 5 years withmanagement and senior level responsibility
- Demonstratedknowledge and understanding of retirement plan
design, plan administration, andlegislative requirements pertaining
to retirement plans
- Demonstratedexperience working with both defined benefit and
defined contribution plans
- Experiencepresenting to external customers and senior
- Strong proficiencywith Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated knowledgeand understanding of actuarial principles,
taxes, regulatory environment, compliance,not-for-profit
organizations and church plans
- Master's degree orequivalent in business, marketing, management,
or another related field Wespath Benefits and Investments is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in
Keywords: Wespath Benefits and Investments, Glenview , Director, Retirement Benefits, Executive , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!