Director - Infrastructure
Company: Wespath Benefits and Investments
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Information Technology Date Needed by:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Wespath Benefits and
Investments, recognized as a 2017-2020 Chicago's Best and Brightest
Companies to Work For-- and a 2018-2020 National Best and Brightest
Companies to Work For--, has an opportunity for an Infrastructure
Director. The Director oversees the management, design,
installation, operation, and maintenance of the organization's
on-premise technology, vendor-managed and cloud infrastructure. The
role will lead all activities of server, storage, network,
endpoint, and other technologies needed for modern, efficient,
effective technology success. Reporting to the Managing Director -
Information Technology, this is a key management position that
relies upon experience to lead technical teams and complex
technology initiatives for a multifaceted, financial services
company. The Director will have the technical expertise and
business acumen necessary to implement best practices with
best-in-class solutions to deliver robust infrastructure solutions
that meet dynamic business needs and requirements. More
specifically, the Infrastructure Director will have the opportunity
- Develop strategies for implementation within area of
responsibility that support the organization's business plan.R
esearch and review industry trends to benchmark services and
- Lead a team of IT infrastructure professionals that includes
roles such as Network and Security engineers, Service Delivery
specialists and various 3rd party vendor relationships.
- Responsible for all components of: Data Centers (on prem, cloud
and DR), Network (voice, data, wireless, security), Servers &
Storage (performance, availability, backup, security), Office
Applications (O365, etc.), Security, and Service Delivery.
- Ensure standards are applied and implementation/support of all
technologies for all areas under the Infrastructure scope. This
includes assessing the need for upgrades, deferred maintenance, and
risk to operating levels, as well as developing roadmaps for the
- E nsure 24x7 available infrastructure to meet organizational
needs and strive to eliminate downtime and improve the
manageability of services.
- Own and manage cybersecurity strategy and execution, ensuring
that Wespath is adequately protected from cyber threats, which
includes routine review and improvement of system level security to
stay ahead of threats and bad actors.
- Oversee management of IT Help Desk, including the end-user
computing environment (desktops, laptops, mobile devices, desktop
applications, etc.) to ensure end-user needs are met in a timely
and effective manner.
- Manage third-party vendor relationships and hold them
accountable for delivery of service, software subscriptions and
- Build and lead an organization with customer focus, world-class
quality, and effective communication with a focus on decisive,
fast-moving solutions, quick and constructive resolutions to
- Establish and maintain influential working relationships at all
levels necessary to successfully promote and deliver technology
strategies and innovation opportunities.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate and complete system and support
- Maintain a thorough understanding of global laws and
regulations related to data privacy, including GDPR, CCPA, as it
relates to IT security and storage obligations.
- Manage change management processes associated with upgrades,
maintenance, troubleshooting or installation of new business
applications; including coordinating with the organization's
Project Management Office, business units, impacted customers, and
technical teams where applicable.
- Actively participate as a part of the department leadership
team to develop long and short-term strategies, set and achieve
measurable goals and objectives, and develop action plans with
challenging but realistic deadlines.
- Establish and maintain metrics necessary to support KPI
reporting related to infrastructure performance and optimization,
including defining and maintaining negotiated internal and external
service levels to optimize delivery and cost.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training, and coaching
employees, communicating job expectations, and appraising their
performance. Make staffing decisions in area of
- Possesses a continuous improvement mindset and proactively
looks for opportunities to increase efficiencies, refine processes
and cut costs with internal IT processes. Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related field; or
equivalent work experience.
- 1 0+ years of progressive experience leading network
administration, infrastructure support, security, end-user
computing and critical infrastructure vendor management.
- A bility to create, maintain and fully test a Business
Continuity/Disaster Recovery plan.
- D emonstrate solid change management practices from an
- Solid understanding of network, data, telecommunication and
environment security industry best practices, standard policies,
procedures, monitoring, and measurements focused on financial
- Pr oven ability to manage multiple concurrent large projects.
Ability to set operational standards in a production environment
and manage accordingly. Preferred Qualifications:
- Industry standard technology certifications.
- A dvanced degree in related field.
Keywords: Wespath Benefits and Investments, Glenview , Director - Infrastructure, Executive , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!