Senior Manager - Finance
Posted on: April 9, 2021
WESCO/Anixter is seeking an Senior Manager - Finance for our EES
Division. At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a
great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused
organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless
execution and a hard day's work. If you are looking for a great
work environment and an opportunity to grow your career, please
Job Summary: Manages the financial activities and functions for a
complex and often times off-system and stand-alone business and
serves as a business partner to business leadership. Knowledgeable
of market trends, risk and opportunities and drive corporate
initiatives across the business. Will have full responsibility and
accountability of the P&L of business and will drive
profitability improvements. Ensures financial operations are in
compliance with governmental rules and regulations. Provides
support and guidance to managers in regards to financial reporting
objectives and standards to ensure accurate, compliant and useful
financial reporting is produced. Oversees the budget process and
works with managers to produce and manage effective budgets. Acts
as an advisor to management on regulations and other matters that
may impact the financial activities of the company. Job
- Leads the delivery of key analytical and financial support to
assigned business leader. Typically manages a team of Financial
- Manager the full financial cycle for a business unit including
AP,AR and payroll.
- Participates in longer term (1-5 yr.) business decision and
- Serves as a member of the leadership team to understand
strategies, initiatives, priorities, and cost drivers and helps
drive implementation of those strategies and initiatives
- Interfaces with business leaders and builds relationships in
support of financial planning and performance measurement.
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end
- Develops strategies to support business growth through
negotiating new strategic partnerships as well as through growth of
- Prepares financial reports and performs financial
- Leads financial preparation of forecasts, annual budget, and
long- term strategic plan.
- Prepares schedules and analysis required for compliance
activities including, external audits and quarterly reviews, annual
state and local tax packages, and internal audits. Leads and
motivates staff, promoting a collaborative working environment.
Requirements/Preferred Skills and Education:
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or
Finance or related field.
- Master's Degree is preferred
- CPA or CMA is preferred
- 7 years required, 10 years preferred of progressive experience
working within relevant finance role or related professional
- 5 years required, 7 years preferred of supervisory or
- Proven strategic planning experience at management level.
- Prior experience serving in a business leadership
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel and FP&A tools.
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet short
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Prior experience anticipating financial and operational issue.
We offer an excellent pay and benefits that includes:
- Excellent medical, dental, life and disability insurances
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition assistance
- Paid holidays and vacation
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer;
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical
manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded FORTUNE
500-- holding company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is
a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications
maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) and original equipment
manufacturer (OEM) products, construction materials, and advanced
supply chain management and logistic services. Pro forma 2019
annual sales were approximately $17.2 billion, including Anixter
International. The company employs approximately 18,900 people,
maintains relationships with more than 30,000 suppliers, and serves
more than 150,000 active customers worldwide. Customers include
commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government
agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers, and
utilities. WESCO operates 11 fully automated distribution centers
and approximately 800 warehouse/branch locations in North America
and more than 50 countries around the world, providing a local
presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location
businesses and multi-national corporations. Some companies have
mission statements, some have employee policies.....we have the
Blue Book. "Enthusiasm is the greatest business asset in the world.
It beats money, power and influence." Read more to find out if
Anixter's business style is a good fit for you. Join our Talent
Community See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our
talent community: Sign up for Emails Get the latest news, special
offers and events from Anixter. We are committed to ensuring that
persons with disabilities have access to our goods and services,
including those offered through our website, Anixter.com, and we
are in the process of improving the accessibility of our website.
As such, we strive to adhere to the Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines 2.1 Levels A and AA, a set of guidelines developed by
the World Wide Web Consortium and used to ensure that digital
content is accessible to everyone.
Keywords: Anixter, Glenview , Senior Manager - Finance, Executive , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!