Manager, Sales Training
Company: Horizon Therapeutics
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us,
success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of
lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly
to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who
are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something
bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose
values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help
others live up to theirs.
The Sales Training Manager is responsible for supporting the sales
training function within Horizon's Rare Disease Business Unit. This
position is responsible for delivering sales training to field
personnel and identifying training needs/gaps of the field team.
The Training Manager will work closely to collaborate on various
projects with several cross-functional teams including marketing,
medical affairs, market access, patient services, site of care,
analytics, compliance, and other internal home office
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead the on-boarding process and facilitation of New Hire Sales
Training Sales for new field sales personnel.
- Design and development of training workshops for large scale
meetings such as National Sales Meetings.
- Partner with the field-based training program to identify
training needs, organize local trainings, and provide a forum to
share information/communication to the sales team.
- Assist in creating and delivering instructor led training
programs supporting product, disease state, clinical, selling
skills, market access, and business acumen.
- Develop and update training content as needed.
- Conduct Field Coaching Rides to support the sales organization
- Partner with marketing colleagues to assist in creation and
launch of new materials/resources for field personnel.
- Collaborate with team and cross-functional partners on meeting
- Cross-train across business units to support increased sales
training need during expansions and enterprise-wide training
- Manage and ensure required training materials/content are
successfully processed through the Promotional Review
- Perform additional responsibilities as needed
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the pharmaceutical
- Previous experience in rare disease category preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Sales training (headquarter or
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple
demands with a high level of initiative and independence
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability and willingness to conduct field travel, as well as to
travel to sales meetings, etc. including some overnight and weekend
commitments (> 25%) required.
- Experience in content development and instructional design a
- Experience working with learning management systems (LMS)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified
applications are given equal opportunity and that selection
decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who,
because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in
completing this application or at any time during the application
process, should contact the Human Resources Department.
Keywords: Horizon Therapeutics, Glenview , Manager, Sales Training, Executive , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!