QA Lab Technician
Posted on: July 11, 2020
Every day, Kelly Scientific Resources connects scientific
professionals with opportunities to advance their careers, and we
currently have a contract opening for a QA Lab Technician in
Skokie, IL.Basically, this role will be supporting the Micro QA and
Analytical Chemistry lab
- Performs plating, enrichment striking and gram staining. Learns
how to read plates (not release them) and makes media.
- Responsible for culture and chemical maintenance, chemical
- Responsible for gathering and stocking all supplies for
- Perform drug witness duties
- Performs stock evaluations
- Performs tests to determine the microbiological qualities of
Processing and Packaging machines (e.g. swabbing, sterility
- Conducts environmental sampling and testing of ambient air,
compressed air, and process water.
- Prepare media to support all testing within the micro lab.
- Performs general laboratory duties such as glassware
maintenance, chemical inventories maintenance
- Follow safety policies and maintain good housekeeping in work
- General office work including filing in the documents, making
- Handles collection and disposal of hazardous waste and waste
solvents generated by the lab
- Must wear all Laboratory required PPE.
- Exercises professionalism in dealing with all situations.
- Maintains the confidentiality of Company information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a thick skin to work in this busy environment
- Minimum 4-year degree in college chemistry, biology or related
field, including instrumental analysis or equivalent
- Able to use common sense in conjunction with abstract thinking
to solve complex problems.
- Able to generate multiple possible solutions to problems.
Requires little supervision when problem solving.
- Strong analytical skills, mathematical skills, deductive and
- Basic computer skills such as Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to become competent in operational systems such as Lab,
MRP and Warehouse.
- Working knowledge of microbiological and/or chemical principles
and analytical procedures.
- Knowledgeable in cGMP requirements as it relates to a topical
OTC manufacturing laboratory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and demonstrate flexibility.
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills and take
initiative on specific issues.
- Ability to prioritize handling of situations.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as specifications,
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals without supervisor explanation.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to
questions from Management, Associates, etc.
- Must be able to achieve the specified rating on the Munsell
-Farnsworth Color Hue Test.
- Must be able to pass the fragrance odor panel test.
- Must demonstrate an ability to perform complex
- Ability to read and understand complex procedures, assemble
appropriate equipment, perform analyses and calculate results.
1st shift (Wednesday-Sunday 6:30am-2:30pm). Weekend shift
Flexibility is key!
- Training will be Monday-Friday 2-3 weeks
Contract up to 12 months
Best Personality for candidates to succeed:
- Must be highly motivated in a team setting (lots of
communication between different teammates)
- Flexibility is a big thing
- Take things at face value and not internalize it
- Thicker skin
- Goes with the flow
Why Kelly--?As a worker today, its up to you to take charge of your
career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your
potential. Helping you find whats next is what were all about. We
know whats going on in the evolving world of workjust ask the
440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means
getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take
your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly--At
Kelly, were always thinking about whats next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, were a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly, Glenview , QA Lab Technician, Healthcare , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!