Fertility Centers of Illinois, Medical Assistant (
Company: Fertility Centers of Illinois
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionBe a part of a team dedicated to helping people
build families!Fertility Centers of Illinois is one of the nation's
leading infertility treatment practices, providing advanced
reproductive endocrinology services in the Chicagoland area for
more than 30 years.FCI is now part of US Fertility! US Fertility is
the largest physician-led partnership of top-tier fertility
practices in the United States. The work we do building families
offers stimulation, challenge, and personal reward.At Fertility
Centers of Illinois, we believe that every person, every couple,
deserves compassionate care during the fertility treatment process.
Every member of our team is dedicated to providing our patients
every possible opportunity for successful family-building.Our goal
is simple: to provide the highest quality of care that results in a
healthy pregnancy for our patients.Together, we make families
- Eleven (11) nationally and internationally recognized,
- Over 42,000 babies born!
- More In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures than any other
practice in the Midwest-more than 25,000 since 1997
- State-of-art facilities offering a less costly alternative than
- The only infertility practice in the Midwest providing
professional counseling from in-house, licensed, clinical
psychologists and behavioral health specialists
- One of the nation's first fertility practices to integrate
holistic/mind-body approaches to complement medical treatment.
- Every day of every year, Fertility Centers of Illinois brings
three (3) babies into the world! What if each day you could…?
- Make a difference in the lives of others.
- Fulfill the dreams of parenthood for a couple or
- Work in a team environment that has a common goal.
- See challenges as opportunities to excel and grow as an
individual while contributing to an important mission.You can do
this here at Fertility Centers of Illinois! We are looking for a
Medical Assistant to support our Glenview clinic. This position is
scheduled Monday-Friday, 8 hour shift with a possible weekend
rotation on an as needed basis.Job Summary: The Medical Assistant
provides support to the Nurses, Ultrasonographers, and Physicians
for procedures by setting up the room and assisting with IUI's,
endometrial biopsies, etc. This position will also provide patient
focused care by comforting anxious patients, providing clarity on
physician instructions, and offering patient education.
Responsibilities of the Medical Assistant include:
- Perform venipuncture and collect other laboratory specimens
using proper technique and Universal Precautions.
- Closely follow laboratory instructions for specimen collection,
storage and transport.
- Adhere to insurance requirements regarding laboratory
- Confirm laboratory orders in ArtWorks and/or encounter forms to
ensure specimen accuracy.
- Ensure that required consent forms for testing are
- Verify patient identifiers when obtaining laboratory
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of lab changes and
- Keep phlebotomy lab and other clinical areas clean and
- Sterilize equipment.
- Ensure that timely preventive maintenance and repairs are
performed on clinical equipment, notify manager of any
- Entry of New patient/couple medical history in AW, creating the
New Patient mock treatment plan in AW.
- Completion of Mock/Evaluation cycles in ArtWorks.
- Enter orders for all prescreening labs (male and female) into
- Enter financial request and confirm financial approval (for
mock cycles) into ArtWorks.
- Create and sign off patient checklist in ArtWorks.
- Call in/approve prescription refills for specific medications
(Prenatal vitamins, birth control pills, thyroid medications,
Vitamin D, and others) as assigned by a registered nurse or
- Review, scan and enter outside patient records.
- Assist the patient in updating and providing pre-treatment
- Medication prior authorizations (when necessary).
- Programmed patient care follow up contact.
- Performing Intrauterine Insemination, using proper technique
and patient witnessing system.
- Generalized patient consents.Data entry/Computers/Clerical
- Utilize Electronic Medical Record to access necessary clinical
information, process lab orders, and to document patient care
activities, outcomes, and test results.
- Utilize NextGen to access necessary demographic, insurance,
scheduling, and other information, and to schedule
- Utilize online laboratory systems for ordering of laboratory
and genetic tests as necessary.Compliance:
- Maintain patient confidentiality by abiding by all aspects of
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
abiding by all aspects of OSHA.
- Adhere to all Practice standards, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to incident reporting policy and
procedures.Accountability and professionalism:
- Develop and maintain professional and effective working
relationships with all customers and Practice physicians and
- Actively demonstrate behaviors associated with problem-solving,
multi-tasking, and accountability.
- Keep knowledge and skills current by attending continuing
education and training opportunities.
- Assist with training of new lab staff.Additional patient care
- Take heights, weights, and vital signs and document results
appropriately (location dependent).
- Perform intra-uterine inseminations (requires proficiency
- Collaborate with nursing team to promptly address patient
questions and issues.
- Provide anticipatory guidance for patients in terms of when to
expect results and further information/instructions. FCI requires
all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before
commencing employment. New hires will be required to furnish proof
of full vaccination prior to their start date. There may be
alternative for an approved exemption based on bona fide medical or
- High school graduate
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assisted program in
- Medical Assistant certification is highly preferred.
- Experience in a medical office setting a plus.
- Technical skills (i.e. venipuncture/phlebotomy,
- Proficiency with computer systems (i.e. Artworks, Next Gen, lab
portals- training provided)
- Knowledge of and compliance with insurance requirements related
to laboratory test ordering.
- Adherence to all standards, policies and procedures associated
with safety, sanitation, confidentiality, and company operations.
US Fertility/The Fertility Centers of Illinois offers:
- An amazing opportunity for you to make a transformative
difference in people's lives.
- Medical, dental, life, 401K, and vision coverage for full time
- A very generous PTO policy.
- Tuition reimbursement ($1,000.00) for full time employees after
- Free Annual Wellness Screenings for all employees.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.For more information about FCI,
please visit our website at www.FCIonline.com. Fertility Centers of
Illinois participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that
verifies authorization to work in the U.S through the U.S
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S Department of
Social Security (SSA).All offers of employment with Fertility
Centers of Illinois are contingent upon the background check, drug
screen and reference check process.
Keywords: Fertility Centers of Illinois, Glenview , Fertility Centers of Illinois, Medical Assistant (, Healthcare , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!