Physician Assistant, Gen Surg/Nights, Glenbrook Hospital - General Surgery
Company: Glenbrook Hospital
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Physician Assistant, Gen Surg/Nights, Glenbrook HospitalPosition
* Position: Surgical Physician Assistant - Nights
* Location: Glenbrook Hospital
* Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
* Hours: Nights - 3 consecutive 12 hours shifts (6p-6a) with a
rotation to cover one Saturday a month and one of the 6 major
holidays a year
* Required Travel: Occasional travel to NS Legacy sites
What you will need:
* License: Current Physician Assistant License in the State of
Illinois required. DEA & Illinois Controlled Substance License
* Education: Bachelor degree required; Master degree preferred.
* Certification: CPR certification required
* Experience: One year of Physician Assistant experience
* Skills: Surgical experience preferred
What you will do:
* Provide comprehensive health care services for a diverse patient
population in close collaboration with a team of surgeons and
* Evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients in the following surgical
specialties: general surgery, urology, vascular surgery and
* Provide surgical care for patients in various settings -
emergency room, operating room, post-op, and non-op inpatient
* First assist in emergent operations in the above specialties, but
most often general surgery.
* Perform therapeutic procedures such as, but not limited to,
bedside wound debridements, I&Ds, difficult catheter
placements, catheter irrigation, NGT placements, etc.
* Work collaboratively with various health care providers
throughout the system
NorthShore - Edward-Elmhurst Health is a fully integrated
healthcare delivery system committed to providing access to
quality, vibrant, community-connected care, serving an area of more
than 4.2 million residents across six northeast Illinois counties.
Our more than 25,000 team members and more than 6,000 physicians
aim to deliver transformative patient experiences and expert care
close to home across more than 300 ambulatory locations and eight
acute care hospitals - Edward (Naperville), Elmhurst, Evanston,
Glenbrook (Glenview), Highland Park, Northwest Community (Arlington
Heights) Skokie and Swedish (Chicago) - all recognized as Magnet
hospitals for nursing excellence. Located in Naperville, Linden
Oaks Behavioral Health, provides for the mental health needs of
area residents. For more information, visit NorthShore.org,
SwedishCovenant.org, NCH.org and EEHealth.org.
When you work for NorthShore - Edward-Elmhurst Health, you will be
part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve
career goals and maximize their professional potential.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better
understand how NorthShore - Edward-Elmhurst Health delivers on its
mission to "help everyone in our communities be their best".
NorthShore - Edward-Elmhurst Health is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with
disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the core of who we are; being
there for our patients and each other with compassion, respect and
empathy. We believe that our strength resides in our differences
and in connecting our best to provide community-connected
healthcare for all.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender
Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal
Keywords: Glenbrook Hospital, Glenview , Physician Assistant, Gen Surg/Nights, Glenbrook Hospital - General Surgery, Healthcare , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!