Kitchen Supervisor-No Nights or Weekends
Company: Quest Food Management Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionQuest Food Management is looking for a Kitchen
Supervisor to join our fast-growing Team!Position Summary The
Kitchen Supervisor will supervise the entire scope of Kitchen
Operations. Develops and executes menus, trains, supervises and
motivates the kitchen team. Creates the "WOW" experience for guests
of Quest. Supervises entire cycle of food ordering methods,
deliveries, inventory, production, menu creation, creativity,
developing new ideas and concepts, presentation, safety systems,
catering event execution, unit cleanliness systems, security of
company assets, and willingness to be a team player within our
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cascades the vision of Quest Food Management Services ensuring
the Quest vision, values and founding principles are effectively
communicated, understood and practiced.
- Demonstrates commitment to Quest vision, values and missions
through actions on a daily basis.
- Monitor and enforce these guidelines of your team in the
- Train and supervise team to maintain high standards of
excellence in all areas.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Kitchen Team, ensuring
all food items are prepared within all food safety guidelines and
with the highest quality possible.
- Perform all opening and closing duties including equipment and
store room temperatures, calibrating thermometers and advance
planning for next day's menu(s).
- Constantly guide staff to be more productive and
- Plan properly for upcoming menus and catering - including
ordering, thawing and all advance preparation, utilizing leftovers
and fresh ingredients.
- Create and post weekly schedule based on catering needs, sales
trends TY –vs- LY and budget.
- Follow recipes and use correct portion sizes when cooking food;
tasting foods to ensure quality.
- Monitor and maintain proper inventory for operation and menus.
· Assist with Monthly Inventory.
- Maintain production records for all foods prepared and
leftovers being used.
- Maintain temperature logs for all foods prepared, during
holding, cooling and any re-heating.
- Assist and supervise overall sanitation and organization of
kitchen and serving lines.
- Communicate effectively with team members, management, faculty
and staff, and parents as needed.
- Perform a position at lunch rush, serving, cashiering or
prepping during each lunch period.
- Follow HACCP guidelines to ensure safe food practices
- Follow all Quest policies and food safety guidelines
- Report for scheduled shifts on time and in complete uniform as
outlined in Quest employee handbook
- Perform other duties as assigned Job
Requirements/Specifications Education and Experience: The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three years' experience as Cook / Kitchen
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic as well as to understand
measurements and conversions
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining state and local
certification requirements (Food Handler certification)
- Basic computer skillsPreferred:
- Previous experience in the food service industry working in
schools / higher education
- Previous supervisory experience
Quest Food Management Services, Inc. is a privately owned, full
service, foodservice management company located in Lombard,
Illinois with annual sales over $65 million. Founded in 1985, Quest
has served schools (elementary, middle, high schools,
college/universities) throughout Chicagoland guided by its mission
to provide the communities we serve with fresh, high-quality food,
exceptional responsiveness and intensely personal service.
It has been Quest's employees who have been the cornerstone of our
growth. Quality people, quality food, and quality clients are our
recipe for success. Led by our vision to create the most enduring
relationships in the industry by what we do and how we do it; with
integrity, responsiveness, accountability, respect and
Quest Food Management Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: Quest Food Management Services, Glenview , Kitchen Supervisor-No Nights or Weekends, Hospitality & Tourism , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!