Posted on: January 16, 2022
Since its founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of
the world's leading diversified manufacturers of specialized
industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses.
We place a high premium on the development of innovative
solutions-most of which are developed in tandem with our customers.
And we continue to ensure that our customers receive timely,
cost-effective service for the innovative products we provide.
ITW's differentiated business model is composed of a set of unique
core capabilities: our proprietary 80/20 business process,
customer-back innovation, and our well-known decentralized
entrepreneurial culture. These capabilities are unmistakably
ITW-and key to our longevity and strong performance.
ITW's products and solutions are at work all over the world, in
deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines,
healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we
drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we
know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW
Today, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that employs nearly
50,000 people with operations in 55 countries with headquarters in
Glenview, IL. We are conveniently located across from the Metra
commuter rail, with access to an on-site gym, caf-- and active
employee resource groups.
The HR Generalist reports to the Director of Corporate Human
Resources and is responsible for providing HR support to the
corporate office employees in the following disciplines;
recruitment and selection, on-boarding, employee engagement,
information and data management, training and development, and
reward and benefits.
This role represents an opportunity for an entry-level HR
professional looking for HR growth opportunities in a decentralized
corporate environment. The ideal candidate will have a healthy
sense of curiosity and a desire to learn and grow.
The role will be located in our Glenview, Illinois office and work
alongside an experienced HR team. The role supports our locally
based corporate employees as well as our international corporate
employees located in various international locations.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Primary point person to work closely with the Corporate
functional groups to coordinate the campus recruitment process from
selection to onboarding, including all intern related
- Responsible for preparation of our annual Affirmative Action
Plan; ensure applicant data is tracked through ATS
- Point person to review and report quarterly on Diversity &
- Actively support and participate with the HR team in the
planning of our employee engagement programs
- Assist corporate HR team with administration of job
descriptions, compensation, performance management processes, and
other data management such as maintaining and updating various
documents throughout the year
- Assist employees by handling various requests for information
about policies/procedures, benefit, and compensation
- Coordinate with the corporate HR team to plan and conduct new
hire employee orientation to foster our corporate culture
- Assist corporate HR team with special projects and general HR
duties, tasks, and work as may be assigned
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources or related
- 2 plus years' HR generalist experience supporting corporate
- Experience across various sectors of HR - Payroll, Compensation
& Benefits Administration, Employee Relations, Learning &
Development, Talent Acquisition
- PHR/GPHR Certification or interest to be certified with the
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements
for compensation, benefits, payroll and HR documentation
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word,
- Ability to handle confidential information and escalate issues
- Self-motivated and highly professional demeanor
- Ability to travel in the future as promotional opportunities
will be global roles
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Graduate degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Working knowledge of HR acronyms and programs (LOA, FMLA,
OFCCP, FLSA, ADA, EEO)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proficiency with HRIS and ATS systems
- Some experience with HR global matters
Illinois Tool Works Inc. ("ITW" or "the Company") is an equal
employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national
origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable
or limited in your ability to use or access the online application
system process due to your disability, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests
will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues'
unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces
where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to
equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees,
beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all
aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected
Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: ITW, Glenview , HR Generalist, Human Resources , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!