Software Product Specialist
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Join Glory's year over year growth! We are a Great Place To Work
COMPANY OVERVIEW As a global leader in cash technology solutions,
we provide the financial, retail, cash center and gaming industries
with confidence that their cash is protected and always working to
help build a stronger business. Our cash automation technologies
and process engineering services help businesses in more than 100
countries optimize the handling, movement and management of cash.
While we span the globe, we personally engage with each customer to
address their unique challenges and goals; enhancing staff
efficiency, reducing operating costs and enabling a more rewarding
customer experience. We offer peace of mind. We enable
transformation. We generate options. We empower people. We do all
this by releasing companies from the burden of cash management,
putting cash to work, and helping customers enhance the value that
their staff and facilities add to their business.
ROLE PURPOSE The Software Product Specialist (SPS) is a North
America focused role for GGS solutions which supports the retail
and gaming market software products. The primary responsibility of
this position is to release retail software and coordinate product
integration in a timely manner between Glory products and the
customer's operation system or POS. Specifically, the SPS will be
responsible for integration of software solutions for our products
and aligning the entire North American team to ensure successful
product launches, enhancements, and market execution. To be
successful in this position, the individual needs experience
delivering software products and understanding execution of
strategic partner integrations and must have the ability to
interact with multiple internal global teams with stellar
communication skills. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES Product Expertise
- Be a key player in integrating Glory Global Solutions products
with the customer's infrastructure and systems.
- Provide proof-of-concept support for customers including
problem solving, training assistance, and installation
- Interact with development teams, technical experts, engineering
or global product teams as appropriate to communicate VOC, product,
and software specifications.
- Manage the software release process, including performing
internal acceptance testing, documenting of any issues, creating
release notes and announcements, communicating new functionality to
Tech Support team, and documenting release stages of all versions
- Manage Product Enhancement Request (PER) process from start to
finish, including gathering of requirements from the customer,
documenting and submitting requirements to Development team,
negotiating cost, perform acceptance testing on result, and
communicating updates to Sales team.
- Provide software product-oriented communications, including
Sales Bulletins and Product Briefs in support of assigned
- Maintain VOC process and communicate throughout the
- Working with Solution Experts, identify and document new
opportunities for existing products in retail and gaming markets
and opportunities for new product development.
- Act as the Glory Global software liaison for development
execution with software partners on customer solutions.
- Effectively communicate internally anything related to software
products and understand implications across the organization.
- Understand how the software product goes to market and ensure
smooth delivery from the factory all the way through to the
- Help train internal teams on software where there are gaps in
knowledge. REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related area.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Level 2 or Level 3 software
support and an in-depth knowledge of the following functional
- POS Connectivity and/or Support
- Software Release Management
- Technical Support REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to provide a high degree of support to and be aware of
the needs of the customer.
- Must be process-focused and able to take ownership of projects
and see them through to completion.
- Self-disciplined, self-starter, highly motivated, and
- Proactive problem-solver - ability to not only solve customer's
problem, but also proactively communicate any anticipated issues
the customer may experience.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication
skills and proficiency in time management to handle deadline
pressures and multiple assignments and clients simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and
non-technical teams and customers.
- Knowledgeable in the market (or at least able to think about
the needs of the market) and be relevant to the market.
- Basic project management skills, including creating and
managing a task list, documenting dependencies,
escalating/reporting as needed, and providing status updates to all
- Experience using web service technologies, particularly XML (or
JSON), SOAP, and WSDL.
- Documentation skills including creating Statement of Work (SOW)
and release notes
- Software development experience a plus
- Testing/QA experience a plus
- Experience using bug tracking systems (JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.) a
- Japanese language skills a plus
- SQL experience a plus
- Computer network experience a plus
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Keywords: GLORY, Glenview , Software Product Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Lisle, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!