Principal Scientist, R&D - Packaging
Company: Kraft Heinz Company
Posted on: April 5, 2021
About UsThe Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and
beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and
global sales of approximately $25 billion. We're a globally trusted
producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for
over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago
and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced
and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include
condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment
beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous
other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and
emerging brands.We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic
brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia,
Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida,
Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.--No
matter the brand, we're united under one vision:--To sustainably
grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to
life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and
high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those
in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We
also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that
extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our
communities. Every day, we're transforming the food industry with
bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion -
and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a
global citizen - there's only one thing to do: join our table and
let's make life delicious!Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy &
CollaborationWe're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new
ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level - from
entry-level intern to senior leader - to own their work. We share a
responsibility to think like Owners - to be mindful of the
collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to
every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're
supported to grow and achieve. You're expected to bring your
authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive
outstanding performance at every level - and you'll be rewarded.
You're given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But
you won't do it alone. You're supported by passionate teammates
along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our
incredible progress.Job Description Role Overview This Packaging
Development position will primarily support the Canada Zone
businesses, be based in Glenview, IL and primarily work on
developing the technical sustainability strategy for the zone to
advance growth and ensure business continuity for Kraft Heinz
Canada. The role will engage closely with the newly created Head of
Sustainability in the Canada Growth organization as sustainability
continues to expand in focus for the zone. The role provides
opportunities to lead initiatives within the zone and further
collaborate with global technical partners within NA and EU on an
overall technical strategy. The candidate must have strong
technical skills and be able to link technologies to applications.
Demonstrating intellectual curiosity, problem solving, leadership,
and project management skills, while ensuring connectivity to
developing brand strategies, will be key to the role. This position
requires an individual to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
concurrently with a high degree of autonomy. The candidate is
expected to exhibit a collaborative mindset to apply innovative
solutions. Ready? Responsibilities
- Manage the resources and budgets for sustainability platform to
drive execution and direct project team members as needed.
- Possess strong technical aptitude and functional skills:
experienced across multiple packaging areas with significant
- Work directly, interface, and influence cross-functional team
(Marketing, Procurement, Operations, and Supply Chain) and
- Develop and implement best practices around knowledge capture,
transfer, and reuse.
- Manage multiple initiatives with complex scope
- Interface and collaborate with technical experts in US/EU zones
to share and leverage technology development.
- Execute research plans, including patent/literature reviews,
prototyping, lab tests, consumer tests, qualification on pilot and
production scale equipment.
- Build and coordinate relationships with suppliers and
technology partners to drive technology pathways.
- Translate research findings into meaningful business
recommendations, communicate results, driving decision making and
- Maintain clear and thorough technical documentation.
- Act as a technical mentor to junior developers on the team and
flex onto projects requiring problem solving.
- Drive functional training and process improvements for the
- Have a high degree of autonomy.
- Be a big dreamer.
- BS/MS - Packaging, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or
- 5+ years of experience in packaging development for consumer
- Desire for experience in the food industry
- Ability to work effectively autonomously, and in a team
- Expert understanding of packaging material interactions,
functionality, qualification and commercialization of multiple
packaging formats, design of experiments and ability to coach
others in these areas
- Executional excellence and personal leadership.
- Highly motivated problem solver and the drive to deliver
objectives in a complex environment.
- Ability to plan, put together well thought out design of
experiments, anticipate next steps and incorporate course
corrections when hurdles appear.
- Excellent, proven communication, influencing, project/platform
management and problem solving skills.
- Executional excellence, personal leadership and prioritization
- Ability to learn new materials and processes quickly
- Strong ability to lead, coach and motivate others
- Manages multiple assignments/tasks concurrently with the
ability to prioritize work for self and others.
- Willing to travel up to 30%. Travel could include (but not
limited to): within United States and Canada to internal plants,
co-manufacturers, and suppliers.
About The Kraft Heinz Company The Kraft Heinz Company (NASDAQ: KHC)
is the third-largest food and beverage company in North America and
the fifth-largest food and beverage company in the world, with
eight $1 billion+ brands. A globally trusted producer of delicious
foods, The Kraft Heinz Company provides high quality, great taste
and nutrition for all eating occasions whether at home, in
restaurants or on the go. The Company's iconic brands
include--Kraft,--Heinz, ABC, Capri
Sun,--Classico,--Jell-O,--Kool-Aid, Lunchables, Maxwell House,
Ore-Ida, Oscar Mayer, Philadelphia, Planters, Plasmon,--Quero,
Weight Watchers Smart Ones--and--Velveeta. The Kraft Heinz Company
is dedicated to the sustainable health of our people, our planet
and our Company. For more information, visit--
www.kraftheinzcompany.com . The Kraft Heinz Company is committed to
a diverse and inclusive workforce.--Job seekers with disabilities
who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would
like more details about accessibility should contact:--
IllinoisLocation(s)Glenview R&D Center Equal Opportunity
disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity Posted 2 Days Ago
Full time R-36684 About Us INCLUSION MATTERS TO US Everyone is
welcome at our table. In fact, we thrive on learning and growing
from our diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Doesn't matter who
you are, where you're from, or who makes your heart sing. We want
you to show up as your authentic self, excited to work with amazing
colleagues to solve complex challenges and innovate in an
ever-changing industry.-- We're committed to:
- Hiring and growing talent from diverse backgrounds and
- Growing our Business Resource Groups - vibrant, celebrated
communities that enhance our business through thought leadership
employee engagement and professional development
- Providing our managers and leaders high quality learning
experiences to explore how to foster inclusion and belonging.
Keywords: Kraft Heinz Company, Glenview , Principal Scientist, R&D - Packaging, Other , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!