Diagnostic Imaging Tech - Imaging, Full Time, Days
Company: Northwestern Medicine
Posted on: June 6, 2021
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a
difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first
approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare
industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the
opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter
where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At
Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive
benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k)
matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees.
Ready to join our quest for better?
This is a Full Time position at 40hrs per week located at the
Glenview Outpatient facility. Schedule is as follows: Monday
through Friday, 7:30a-4p. This is not a Radiology Tech
The Diagnostic Imaging Tech reflects the mission, vision, and
values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and
Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant
policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and
- Assists and interacts with patients of the radiology
- Responsible for verifying patient identity using two patient
- Transports patients from in patient units and the emergency
department to and from the department.
- Greets all patients, families and visitors in the radiology
- Maintains communication between patients and the radiology
- Prepares patients for exams and escorts them to the proper exam
- Positions and immobilizes patient on examining table.
- Assists radiologists and technologists in acquiring quality
- Assists with minor procedures; disconnects IV tubing used for
- Assists radiologist with interventional procedures.
- Assists with "wet readings" with the radiologist.
- Compiles all radiology exams and prepares for reading by the
- Attends to the care of documents relating to the patient.
- Performs various related tasks to support the effective
operations of the radiology department.
- Prepares exam rooms; stocks and cleans rooms after each
- Stock supplies and linens.
- Maintains Diagnostic Imaging changing areas.
- Processes requests from medical staff and internal departments
for radiology films.
- Ensures exams have been entered correctly and are tracked in
- Responsible for ensuring JCAHO & Safety standards are met.
- Responsible for following all recommended Infection Control
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 to 2 years specialized or technical training, or
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the
basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender
identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any
other protected status.
Keywords: Northwestern Medicine, Glenview , Diagnostic Imaging Tech - Imaging, Full Time, Days, Other , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!