Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: October 14, 2021
500 Million Dollar division of a Fortune 500 Manufacturing
Company. Position is open due to a promotion.
Accounting Manager Role Summary
The Accounting Manager will drive effective and accurate
financial processes for this 500 MM division, adhering to policies,
controls and GAAP. Support the divisional leaders with forecasting,
reporting and analysis needs. Understand and champion business
philosophies for accounting and reporting activities. Lead the
financial analysis and forecasting processes. Manage the accounting
personnel and support their responsibilities.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of business and financial
information in compliance with policies and US GAAP. Develop
and maintain financial reporting processes that exceed internal and
external audit requirements. Ensure documentation and
monitoring of internal controls in accordance with policies.
- Manage the receivables and assigned staff accounting team
members for a division with a high volume of customer and vendor
- Facilitate and complete monthly close requirements and
consolidation procedures including the management and diligent
review of the accounting staff’s work.
- Effectively manage, communicate and coordinate the exchange of
financial information (plan, actual results, and outlook) to key
stakeholders with in-depth knowledge of highlights and
- Support Division Controller and leadership team to achieve
division goals and objectives, including the annual operating plan,
long range strategic plans, capital investments and other ad hoc
- Identify, lead and develop talent to maximize individual, team
and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals. Fosters
a culture of engagement and accountability.
- Coordinate internal and external audits as well as other
- Critical partners in overall ERP & Financial Data Management
and will play a critical role in the implementation of all future
business systems and tools.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA and/or
CPA strongly preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably in a
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost
control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial
reports, statements and projections.
- Demonstrated experience (at least 2 years) managing a direct
staff of accounting professionals
- An intelligent professional with outstanding written and verbal
communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills
who can relate to all people at all levels.
- Must be able to multi-task, work under pressure and meet
- Demonstrated accountability for results and understanding of
the financial impact of decisions
- Excellent knowledge of ERP and BI systems, Microsoft Office
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Glenview , Accounting Manager, Other , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!