Meat Counter Training Leader
Company: Whole Foods
Posted on: November 19, 2022
In addition to primary team duties, the Team Trainer supports
Team Leadership to organize the training for all new and existing
Team Members. Ensures the high-quality, timely completion of New
Member Orientation (NMO) for New Members, and supports Global,
Regional, and department-specific training, including Compliance,
Occupational Safety, Food Safety, Product Knowledge, and Customer
Service. Acts as a role model, maintaining a positive image and
providing customer-obsessed service.PRINCIPAL DUTIES:DUTIES
APPLYING TO TEAM TRAINER:
- Ensures new and ongoing store and team training programs are
successfully delivered and completed.
- Organizes, tracks, reports, and maintains accurate training
records using Whole Foods Market s learning systems.
- Works within training deadlines and goals.
- Coordinates with Team Leaders and store Team Member Services
Generalists to schedule New Member training during their first five
- Coordinates with New Members, Team Leadership, and Team Member
Services Generalists on the timely completion of NMO, regularly
communicating status toward completion.
- Attends Team Trainer meetings, as scheduled.
- Acts as a role model for constant food safety, sanitation
procedures, and occupational safety.
- Trains all Team Members on customer service standards and looks
for opportunities to provide timely feedback.
- Trains all Team Members on new products, their differentiation,
sales tactics, and department placement.
- Consistently practices and models proper care, use, and
maintenance of all team equipment and PPE.
- Completes Team Trainer Certification and other assigned
- Familiarizes themselves with the Team Trainer Playbook and
maintains engagement with all communication platforms.DUTIES
APPLYING TO ALL POSITIONS
- Arrives to workstation on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
according to Whole Foods Market s Dress Code policy; works all
scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses customer needs
quickly and effectively, and models suggestive selling techniques;
answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, Health and Sanitation,
and Safe Work Practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with Whole Foods Market s cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Store, Regional, or Global
Leadership.PRINCIPAL SKILLS SKILLS APPLYING TO TEAM TRAINER
- Comfortable speaking with small and large groups and inspiring
- Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive
- General computer skills and basic knowledge of software
applications (MS Office Suite).
- Working knowledge of Whole Foods Market s learning
systems.SKILLS APPLYING TO ALL POSITIONS
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work as part of
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for high-quality foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with Whole Foods Market s
- 6-12 months retail experience.Physical Requirements / Working
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour workday: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation pushing, and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting, and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: less than 32 degrees Fahrenheit
(freezers), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), greater than
90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and/or cold environments.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.Note: The purpose
of this document is to provide a general summary of essential
responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive
list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements
for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through
the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be
required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for
that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities
may differ for similar positions based on business conditions,
departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the
particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and
equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,
marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
business needs. Associated topics: clean, dish, dishwasher steward,
duties, kitchen utility, limpieza de cocina, plates, sanitation,
Keywords: Whole Foods, Glenview , Meat Counter Training Leader, Other , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!