Now Hiring - Staff Accountant
Company: Horizon Therapeutics
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us,
success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of
lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly
to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who
are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something
bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose
values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help
others live up to theirs.
The Staff Accountant is a critical role on Horizon's U.S.
Accounting team. This position is responsible for the U.S.
inventory portfolio management function, Accounts Payable and
Travel & Entertainment accruals, which plays an important role in
the month-end close and financial statement reporting process. The
position requires strong technical skills and experience in
inventory accounting and analytics, compliance, and operational
experience. It requires strong collaboration with our business
partners in Trade Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing,
Financial Planning & Analysis as this role is involved in various
initiatives across multiple functions that combine people,
processes, and technology to best support Horizon as it grows and
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform the inventory month/year-end close activities which
include accurate and timely transactional processing of inventory
movements, inventory balance verification sub-ledger to GL,
preparing, reviewing and assessing journal entries, in-transit
accruals, and reconciliations to ensure all Horizon Therapeutics
financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Review and reconcile the 3PL inventory balances, movements and
ensure that inventory balances are accurate and posted timely in
accordance with the monthly close calendar.
- Compile the monthly inventory roll-forward and summarize the
inventory values by category. Additionally, track and report the
inter-company inventory sales critical for transfer price
- Partner with various internal or external customers to monitor
and maintain the material sub-ledger (for Finished Goods, Work in
Process, Raw Materials), and ensure proper accounting.
- Prepare accurate monthly Accounts Payable accrual file and
prepare accrual entries. Additionally, at quarter-end complete the
AP cut-off accrual assessment and record the impact.
- Prepare the monthly travel & entertainment accruals per Concur
- Review, analyze and record adjustments for transactions posted
- Compile balance sheet account reconciliations to meet closing
deadlines and perform month-end close balance sheet variance
analysis and explanations.
- Assess quarterly excess and obsolescence inventory reserves and
record impact per our company policy. Additionally, communicate
quarterly variances to upper management and provide variance
- Facilitate the quarterly ASC842 manufacturing agreement lease
assessment and document impact in the quarterly accounting
- Prepare quarterly inventory related supplemental schedules
along with the inventory category break-down and provide commentary
for the quarterly variances.
- Conduct annual physical inventory audit and provide quarterly
inventory by state analysis to business partners across the
- Assist in preparing and analyzing the quarterly forecasts for
inventory and assigned accrual accounts.
- Perform analysis related to inventory as requested by
- Prepare audit schedules for internal/external auditors and
participates in annual review and testing of Sarbanes Oxley
controls to ensure compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of functional area and document policies and
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or
areas of improvement. Offer recommendations to process
- Work on special assignments and ad-hoc reporting and accounting
projects as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- BS degree in accounting.
- 3+ years of prior accounting experience, preferably in
- CPA and public accounting experience strongly desired.
- Experience with a major ERP financial system, particularly SAP,
is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Detail oriented, strong analytical, interpersonal and customer
- High level of integrity and values to ensure accurate reporting
of financial data.
- Great organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated, as a
condition of employment, with either Pfizer (fully approved by the
U.S. Food and Drug Administration), Moderna or Johnson & Johnson
(currently granted emergency-use authorization by the FDA). "Fully
vaccinated" is defined as two weeks after your final dose of the
Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Horizon will provide
medical and religious accommodations as required by law.
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified
applications are given equal opportunity and that selection
decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who,
because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in
completing this application or at any time during the application
process, should contact the Human Resources Department.
Keywords: Horizon Therapeutics, Glenview , Now Hiring - Staff Accountant, Other , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!