Universal Banker III - Downtown Glenview
Posted on: September 19, 2023
WHAT YOU'LL DOThe Universal Banker is responsible for making
referrals and selling all bank products and services to customers
and non-customers in a needs-based manner to fully meet all their
financial needs. In addition, efficiently process daily
transactions for customers while providing excellent customer
service.WHAT YOU'LL BRINGDuties:
- Identify customers' and non-customers' lending needs and sell
all appropriate products and services.
- Service customer's accounts as needed and proactively
communicate with customers to ensure their financial needs are
- Act as an on-the-job coach to new Universal Bankers and
Tellers; ensuring that they have continued
support during and after the mentor period.
- In concert with Service Center leadership and the Private
Client team, cross-sell a full range of banking
services and products to present and potential customers.
- Perform basic teller transactions.
- Make referrals to Bankers.
- Balance cash drawer on a daily basis.
- Scan work for image branch capture.Knowledge of:
- Strong sales and customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic math and accounting functions
- The basic tenets of lending and assessing a customer's
financial needsAbility to:
- Accurately count money
- Perform duties and make decisions under frequent time
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Lift 50 pounds
- Explain products and services to current and potential
- In concert with Service Center leadership and other LOB,
participate in cross-sellingEDUCATION & TRAINING
- Requires a High School diploma.
- 2 years of banking experience with lending responsibilities
- 1 year of previous training and/or combination of mentorship,
military or management experience
- Pursuant to the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage
Licensing Act ("SAFE Act"), all Universal
Bankers (if lending) are required to maintain current registration
with the Nationwide Mortgage
Licensing System & Registry ("NMLS"). If such registration is not
active as of the hire date, the
Universal Banker must immediately attain active registration upon
employment. Universal Bankers
who fail to maintain an active and current registration will be
unable to lend and may be subject to
disciplinary action, up to and including termination of
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office.STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Customer Service - Adheres to The Busey Promise service
standards set by Service Excellence in order
to anticipate and exceed the needs of our customers, both internal
- Functional Knowledge and Technical Skills - Skilled in
job-specific knowledge that is necessary to
provide the appropriate quantity and quality of work in a timely
and efficient manner.
- Accountability - Work behaviors demonstrate responsible
personal and professional conduct, which
contributes to the overall goals and objectives of Busey.
- Interpersonal Relations (Teamwork) - Interacts effectively with
others to establish and maintain
smooth working relations.
- Attention to Detail - Working in a conscientious, consistent
and thorough manner.
- Oral Communication - Communicating ideas and information
verbally to ensure that information and
messages are understood and have the desired impact.
- Sales Focus - Providing added value and needs based solutions
to clients.WORK ENVIRONMENTDuties are performed in an office
setting and include physical demands such as the manual dexterity
and skill to operate standard office equipment. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to
perform the essential functions of this position.The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature of work
being performed by people
assigned to this job. They are not intended to be considered an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties, and skills of the people so classified.
Busey values a diverse and inclusive workplace and strives to
recruit, develop and retain individuals with exceptional talent. A
team with diverse talent, working together, is essential to Busey's
commitment of delivering service excellence. Busey is an Equal
Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vets. Visit to learn more
about Busey's Equal Opportunity Employment.
Keywords: Busey, Glenview , Universal Banker III - Downtown Glenview, Other , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!