Rehabilitation Technician, Glenview DayRehab Center, Full-Time
Company: Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Posted on: May 5, 2022
The Rehabilitation Technician assists patients and patient care
team in preparing for and performing treatment programs and
provision of basic day care support of significant others.
Maintains department facilities and patient care areas and
equipment including patient wheelchairs and positioning equipment
daily in a clean and orderly condition.
The Rehabilitation Technician will consistently demonstrate support
of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and
Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team
efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their
families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is
contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Rehabilitation Technician will demonstrate Shirley Ryan
AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability,
Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer
Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery,
Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job
The Rehabilitation Technician:
- Prepares patients for treatments or evaluation, assisting them
as necessary to undress and don garments or treatment
- Transfers, moves, and ambulates patients to and from department
with wheelchair or stretcher.
- Assists therapist in direct patient care activities such as
sensory stimulation, training programs, gait training.
- Assists therapist in patient care during treatment sessions
such exercise and weight training programs, hydrotherapy, and gait
- Conducts therapeutic regime for patients, which includes
reinforcing learnings in self-care activities such as feeding,
dressing, bathing and memory training.
- Observes patients and reports reactions or changes in condition
immediately to supervising nurse or therapist.
- Fabricates equipment adaptations for patients.
- Maintains adaptive equipment inventory including issuing
supplies to staff and notifying appropriate personnel of
- Maintains clinic area in a neat organized manner and performs
infection control procedures including disinfecting
- Maintains food inventory for patient use including shopping for
needed supplies, dating, and rotating current supply.
- Performs clerical support when needed including reception
duties, file maintenance, document distribution, library
maintenance and retrieval of medical records.
- Clean and maintain Shirley Ryan AbilityLab rental
- Delivers/stores supplies and equipment received from Central
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best
interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to assigned Clinical Manager
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or
- Exposure to moderately adverse working conditions in performing
certain patient care activities.
- Occasional exposure to infectious diseases when working with
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a physical therapy aide,
occupational therapy aide, or related health care experience with
knowledge of patient care methods procedures and
- Understanding of the growth and development of adolescent,
adult, and geriatric patients.
- Communicates effectively using verbal, non-verbal and written
- Ability to take ownership for serving the customer, team, and
organization for achieving goals and for resolving
- Willingly adapts to changing work demands and work
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and makes sound judgments
to monitor and respond to patient needs or changes in
- Anticipates assesses and addresses the needs of patients,
internal and external customers to positively influence the
patient/customer experience (directly or indirectly).
- Ability to transfer and position patients, consistent with
lifting up to 35 lbs.
To apply for this position, please click "APPLY NOW" and you will
be sent to our online application.We ask you to please take a few
minutes to fill out the application.We look forward to speaking
with you soon.
Keywords: Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, Glenview , Rehabilitation Technician, Glenview DayRehab Center, Full-Time, Professions , Glenview, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!